The Agile Project Management training course is a stable-mate to PRINCE2, ITIL and Managing Successful Programmes, with accreditation and certification by the APM Group to both Foundation and Practitioner levels.
Agile can be applied to projects regardless of scale or discipline. Agile Project Management Foundation and Practitioner shows Project Sponsors they can adopt Agile with confidence, and provide focus to the entire project team.
You can choose to attend 3 Days of the course leading to Foundation Certification or 4 Days covering both the Foundation and Practitioner Certification.
Agile approaches such as eXtreme Programming, Scrum and Lean Software Development are becoming increasingly mainstream. They describe how to successfully deliver in complex situations when requirements and possible solutions are subject to continuous change; but they stop short of describing a full project lifecycle with defined Phases, Work Products, Roles and Responsibilities.
This course covers how to operate in such an Agile fashion within an overall project framework which is accredited as a stable-mate to PRINCE2 and based on the DSDM Atern approach. Through practical experience of the Agile style of working, case studies and example scenarios from a highly experienced trainer, it provides delegates with an understanding of how the Agile Project Management process can enable planning, management and control for predictable Agile project deliveries.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at Project Managers and others involved in Project Management who want to understand how to apply Agile approaches within an overall Project Management Lifecycle framework.
The new Agile Project Management certification, accredited by APMG offers a boost to your career. Foundation and practitioner certifications makes you an invaluable asset to your employer and clearly differentiated in a competitive market.
Agile Project Management Fundamentals
- What is Agile Project Management?
- Benefits of Agile Project Management
- When to use Agile Project Management
- Preparing for a successful Agile project
- Agile Project Management Principles
The Agile Project Management Process
- Agile Project Management Framework
- Configuring the Agile Project Lifecycle
Work Products and Deliverables
- Management Products and Deliverables
- Business Work Products and Deliverables
- Technical Products and Deliverables
Agile Project Teams
- Agile Project Roles and Responsibilities
- Agile Project Team Empowerment
- Agile Project Team Structure
Agile Project Management Practices
- Facilitated Workshops
- MoSCoW Prioritisation
- Iterative Development
Project Management and Control
- Agile Planning
- Agile Risk Management
- Agile Estimating and Measurement
- Agile Configuration Management
Other Agile Project Management Concerns
- Agile Requirements (Functional and Non-functional Requirements)
- Agile Testing
- Quality Management and Quality Control
- Ensuring Maintainability and Scalability
Agile Project Management Foundation and Practitioner Certification is broken up into two parts:
- Three days including Foundation exam for certification
- Additional day for Practitioner exam preparation and Practitioner exam
- The foundation exam is taken on the Wednesday and Practitioner on Thursday.
Laptop projection; flip charts; U shape room layout; space for syndicate groups to work
APMG Agile Project Management Foundation and Practitioner Exams as above