Publications Executive with two filial companies as below
The profile of an ideal Candidate is set out below:
High achiever possibly in top 10% two out of three in the following periods of studies. CGPA for all periods of studies will be required.
- School Levels: Primary and Secondary school levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree: English or History or Media studies or Mathematics, Statistics, or Business Studies.
- Master’s Degree: Masters level study is welcome but not essential.
The candidate is expected to possess:
- Good to excellent competence in written and spoken English language; further another language.
- A business level understanding in the domains of Management topics, Information and Communications (ICT) technologies.
- Some experience of typesetting tools such as Latex or Scientific Word
- Basic to Intermediate level competence of MS Office. In particular tools such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Publisher.
Key aspects of the role include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and identify authors/contributors to UNICOM’s areas of business.
- Identify potential authors/contributors in the area of UNICOM’s Events and Training business.
- Manage relationships with
- our publishing partner: Taylor Francis CRCPress; especially subject editors and their support staff,
- book editors and authors
- Experts in the topic areas of the book(s) which we plan to co-publish.
- Manage workflow of manuscript preparation and proof reading.
- The candidate will have between two (2) and five (5) years of work experience in some aspects of publishing and book production. .
- we are willing to consider as an intern/trainee, an otherwise suitable person, who is an early-stage entrant to the publishing profession.
- Candidates who are already established as editors or sub-editors we offer a new career opportunity. We have launched co-publishing activities with TaylorFrancisCRCPress and Informa Group (see below)
UNICOM and OptiRisk place special emphasis on career development. So, the companies encourage employees to attend training courses and gain professional qualifications. In case of this appointment, the training, will be in the area of Book Publication.
The candidate will have to take a time bound written test.
Highly competitive. UNICOM and OptiRisk’s compensation policy is to remunerate by a fixed amount and a variable amount.
Hours of work:
The selected candidate can work fairly flexible hours Monday to Friday; but the total hours per week is set at 35. The employees of the company are based in multiple geographical locations: Australia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, India, Italy, Germany, UK and Brazil. They work from home in multiple time zones. The time for interactions and collaboration is anchored around the GMT time zone. In particular, the selected candidate should be available to interact via phone/Skype/Zoom/GoTo Meeting/Teams with the team between 09:30 and 17:30 GMT in the winter and 09:30 and 17:30 BST in the summer.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short covering note explaining why you are suitable for this position.